- If available, use the internal Realtek sound card instead of external, e.g. USB-connected, sound cards to avoid driver miscommunication. Make sure to use the latest available drivers from Realtek.
- Select an analog device as headphones in Soundstage's output settings.
- In some cases, incorrect mic settings can lead to Soundstage not processing your audio.
- Select Start > Settings > Privacy, followed by Microphone on the left.
- Under Allow access to the microphone on this device, click Change. Make sure the toggle button is set to on.
- If you’re having this issue with a specific app, scroll down to Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone and make sure the toggle button next to the affected app is turned set to active as well.
- Uninstall the software.
- Reboot your machine.
- Reinstall the software.
- If your system language uses non-Latin letters, please rename the Soundstage entry in Windows' list of playback devices as shown here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aklxxy_xr-sr4cEG5kOU1vFbhkEA-Rzn
- Make sure exclusive access is enabled for Soundstage's virtual device. Click Start to bring up the start menu and enter "control". Then, select Control Panel from the list of search results. Next, click Sound > Playback and right-click SSC to bring up the context menu. Finally, select Properties and switch to the Advanced tab.
If disabled, enable Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
- Repeat the above steps for your Realtek sound card. Its settings should look something like this:
If the application doesn't behave as expected:
- Close it
- Open the following path in Windows Explorer: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Ashampoo Soundstage Pro and replace "USERNAME" with your Windows user name.
- Delete the file "Ashampoo Soundstage Pro.settings".
- Restart Soundstage.
If the above instructions don't help, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems for additional help with audio issues or contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.